HOW REGULAR CLEANING OF HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES CAN PREVENT SMOKE DAMAGE MD?
Every home is embellished with several household appliances, and these are the amenities that have made our lives so much easier. These appliances are designed in such a way that they need proper maintenance and cleanliness daily according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If not taken care of properly then these appliances have the potential to start fires or cause severe electric shock which can ultimately cause fire damage in Baltimore or smoke damage in Maryland Baltimore. Understanding these sudden damages can prevent you and your family from greater loss.
SOME COMMON HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES THAT NEED THE REGULAR CLEANING
Keep an eye on the dust under and behind the refrigerator as this can increase the risk of hazards around electrical components. Always clean the inner parts of the fridge every time you stock groceries.
Before using the dryer, make sure the lint screen is clear. A thorough cleaning of the vents and duct system should be done at least twice a year.
Use at least three screws for parts that are crimped and attached to ensure that vents are firmly fixed. You can conduct a fast gas safety check if you’re concerned about natural gas leaks. Examine the flame in the pilot light for the smell of gas. It should primarily be blue but if there is an excessive amount of orange, it could indicate a gas leak.
Always clean your ovens after use. To avoid the accumulation of spilled foods and pooling fats, clean ovens, hob, and hot plates regularly to avoid fire or smoke damage Baltimore Md.
READ OUR GENERAL HOME FIRE SAFETY TIPS TO AVOID SMOKE OR FIRE DAMAGE CAUSED BY HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES
Following are a few regular inspections and maintenance tips from PCRRG’s experts to prevent your lovely house from smoke or fire damage.
Always keep your electrical appliances or electrical systems in a good condition
• Check all your home’s wirings regularly, if they show sparking and switches that get too hot then call the electrician immediately and get them all repaired.
• Keep in mind that old electrical systems are not useful to modern household appliances, so replace them according to your appliances.
• Inspect the power cords regularly. Wires that are frayed, worn out, or otherwise damaged should be replaced or repaired as soon as possible.
• Appliances that aren’t working properly should be fixed right away. If an appliance fire sputters, or gives you a shock when using, get it fixed as soon as possible to avoid major fire or smoke damage Maryland Baltimore.
• Ensure that all of your home’s air ducts, exhaust pipes, and other vents are open and unobstructed.
Keep all your household appliances clean and debris free.
• Many appliances need proper cleaning regularly to work properly so that the build-up material couldn’t ignite a fire.
• Keep dust and cooking debris away from the exhaust fan’s electric motors.
• Keep a written record of when your household appliances need to be serviced so you can take care of them regularly. This way, you can be assured that any minor problems have been addressed and that the appliance is still safe to use.
Make sure that all your appliances are at the proper location.
• Always try to keep your electrical appliances away from the wet areas.
• Keep furniture, curtains or bedding, etc. three feet away from the household appliances to prevent smoke damage.
• Always install them on the solid service.
We also guide our clients on how to avoid fires in the future. Appliance repair and maintenance checks are recommended once a year to keep your belongings in good working order. PCRRG appliance refurbishment, smoke and fire restoration services are available 24/7. Contact us to get services from our experienced and certified team.